Make or buy a plate and help those children that happen to be homeless and get them back on their feet. It's that simple. Plates will be sold at our art fair for a $10 donation to Families in Transition Program.
Help us help our Homeless Duluth kids by:
* make a handcrafted artistic plate out of wood, ceramics, glass, metal etc. and donate it to the Plates of Promise art booth.
* or purchase a plate at our art fair on August 17 and 18, 2013 to keep as a reminder that there are Duluth children out there who are not as lucky as you are.
All proceeds will go to Families in Transition Program to use specifically towards homeless children in Duluth, MN. The donation will aid the organization in serving high-risk and disadvantaged youth by assuring access to educational opportunities, skills development and employment.
If you would like help our homeless Duluth kids, please consider the following:
1) make an artistic plate you would like to donate to the cause, please send it to:
Art in Bayfront Park, 325 S Lake Ave #1216, Duluth, MN 55802 or e-mail us and we will arrange pick up.
2) make a cash donation by sending your check to: Families in Transition, c/o Art in Bayfront Park, 325 S Lake Ave #1216, Duluth, MN 55802.
3) visit our art fair and buy an artistic plate to have on display at your home.
NOTE TO STRUGGLING DULUTH KIDS:
If you are between the ages of 1 to 18 years old and want to make a change, THE FAMILIES IN TRANSITION PROGRAM can help you get on track by working with you to enroll in school, complete your GED or diploma, provide transportation to class, provide you with school supplies and help with homework. Families in Transition can also connect you with places for clothes and other services such as a place to live. Think of your future, through schools you have access to school counselors that can then help you enroll in college, teach you job searching skills, and learn new computer skills. Contact: Debbi Wagner, Duluth Public Schools, Homeless Student Education Program, 218-336-8700 ext 1034